Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Show & Tell: Player PC Addition

I don't post a whole lot of PC love on the site.  I don't know why either.  The whole purpose of collecting is to collect what you like, right?  Well I felt that this one was definitely share worthy. 

I picked this one up from the Bay about a week or two ago.  It comes from the ITG Canada Vs. The World set that came out this year.  I haven't picked up any boxes of this (I know, shocking isn't it?) and really didn't plan on it as their were many other priorities when it hit the shelves.  I like them.  I mean, I like everything ITG puts out.  I just didn't get overhyped by the set or concept. 

I have been a little gun shy about Jags since his Benedict Arnold loving butt parked itself in Philadelphia.  He meant so much to the Pens and the city of Pittsburgh in his time spent there that although it was a business deal, every fan felt betrayed.  So I have been less than motivated to add to this collection.  But, lets face it.  He is still one of the greatest ever. 

So when I saw this, I had to have it.  Let's just say it looks 1000X's better in person than it did in any picture.  Here's my contribution to show and tell...


The best part is that it shows Jags in his early 2000's Pens jersey with a Penguin swatch as well as a swatch from his Czech Republic sweater from world competition.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see you put the betrayal behind you and landed a pretty decent card. I love silver swatches! Nice pickup!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.