Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Box Break - - 2008 Topps Rookie Progression Blaster

Wally World special at the checkout counter. It called my name. Repeatedly. I swear it did! Whether you believe me or not, it doesn't matter. The deed is done and I am out $8 because of it.

2008 Topps Rookie Progression Blaster

5 Cards/Pack
8 Packs/Box
Guarantees: None

25 Base Cards

13 Rookie Cards: Eddie Royal, Harry Douglas, Marcus Griffin, Peyton Hillis, Keenan Burton, Darren McFadden, Curtis Lofton, Erik Ainge, Keith Rivers, Steve Slaton, Tashard Choice, Kentwan Balmer, and Owen Schmitt

1 Bronze Parallel: Philip Rivers 209/389

1 Progression Rookie: Dominique Rogers-Cromartie

Like I said, it called to me. There really wasn't much in here. 13 rookies isn't bad to pull out of a blaster box but the product has "rookie" in it's name so that had to be expected. Although, I didn't pull anyone really noteworthy. Eddie Royal has been a solid 2nd year guy while Darren McFadden has been a bust. Schmitt got injured, while Slaton has had an off year as well for the Texans.

I busted a retail box of these about a year or so ago so I have about half or more of the set. I am just going to go through here and see if I can complete it. The Rivers bronze parallel is only one of three that I've pulled out of all the cards I opened of this product. Even though they are out of /389, it seems like they are more scarce than some of the others. I still like these card designs though, with the vintage "TV Screen" look and the heavy stock. I think these will look nice in a binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.