Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Adding Fuel to the Fire

THE CARDS YOUR MOM THREW OUT!!

So as we all sit here wearing out the F5 button on our keyboards I decided to try and call Topps and see if they had a pre-recorded message on their customer relations number that explained the Great Million Card Debacle.  They didn't.  Since your only options are to press 1 for dealers with problems, 2 for consumers with problems or 3 to enter a parties extention...I pressed 2.  It rang....

And rang.....

And rang....

I let it ring for 2 1/2 minutes.  Nothing.  So here are the issues so far.  Let me know if I am missing anything:

1.  The site http://www.toppsmillion.com/ automatically redirects everyone to a new mirror site aptly named http://www.toppscards.com/...

2.  The countdown clock that was original there to entice everyone of us into thinking we were getting closer and closer to jackpot...is gone.

3.  The site features a nice Jackie Robinson card, with three 1989 Topps cards hidden behind.  Not only that, but they are reverse negatives of the actual cards.

4.  The orange banner on the left side of the page has a transparency to it that reveals another six 1989 Topps cards duplicated twice, possibly three times.

5.  The advertising for the giveaway not only features cards from the extensive library of Topps cards but also, Score and now Leaf?  Last I checked, those belong to Donruss, I mean Panini.

6.  No one answers the phone on their customer service line...

I think we've all been had!!

2 comments:

  1. I swear I think it's as simple is none of them realized it is President's Day today when they set this date. They are all at home and nobody flipped the on switch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. The advertising for the giveaway not only features cards from the extensive library of Topps cards but also, Score and now Leaf? Last I checked, those belong to Donruss, I mean Panini.

    Actually, the contest cards themselves don't have that. Those are on the back of the actual "Cards Yo Momma Threw Out" insert cards. So hopefully, no '89 Score or '92 Leaf in our code cards. Although Topps has caused a nice little panic, haven't they? (again)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.