Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Great Day For Hockey

For the second straight night, the Pens chalked up another win. With a 1-1 tie going into the third period, the Pens came storming back with 3 goals in the third to win 4-2.


Chris Connor was called up last night and tallied 2 goals, with Crosby recording assists on both. Crosby is now, I believe, 1 assist shy of 300 for his career. Connor played like a madman. He was all over the ice. Prior to tonight's game, he spent the last three years in and out of the lineup for the Dallas Stars. He was brought up from Wilkes-Barre for his 7th game and the first time since November. He definitely made the difference in this one.


Since this is a card site, I checked all my Pens and realized I didn't have a Connor. Upon further review, it would appear that currently, his only card is an AHL 2005-06 Iowa Stars Team Issued card. Something tells me that even if I wanted to, I wouldn't find this one anywhere.


The Rangers lost their 7th in a row against the Pens, the 4th time this year. Is it just me or do the Rangers look extremely slow (other than Gaborik)? With the exception of the last 10 minutes of the game, the seemed flat and lethargic.

The Pens are now just 2 points behind the Devils for the lead in the Atlantic. Here's hoping for an epic New Jersey collapse.

Sidenote: Did anyone see Ray Whitney absolutely make Zdeno Chara look 2 feet tall the other day? The Canes smoked Boston in that game but that was a sweet set up. My vote for play of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.