Yeah, so I decided to get in on this little exercise over on Cardboard Junkie. When dayf isn't spending the day losing his mind and traveling down the phalata...phylatal...stamp collector's highway, he sometimes has some great ideas. This was one of them.
All you had to do is buy a blaster, rip it, and make a team. Hopefully, with my novice video making skills, my contribution to the video break world is good enough to get me into this league. It is a long video. Almost 10 minutes but I show every card I got. I probably could have blew through it faster but what do you want from me? I'm new.
So after uploading the video, I sorted the cards and chose my team. Here is what I came up with
(2) Catchers - Yadier Molina, A.J. Pierzynski
(1) First Base - Albert Pujols
(1) Second Base - Brandon Phillips
(1) Shortstop - Cristian Guzman
(1) Third Base - Alex Rodriguez
(3) Outfield - Justin Upton, Grady Sizemore, Chris Coghlan
(1) Corner Infielder - Adam Dunn
(1) Middle Infielder - Alberto Callaspo
(1) Outfielder - Matt LaPorta
(1) Utility or DH - Jack Cust
(7) Pitchers - Cliff Lee, Mariano Rivera, Justin Verlander, Felix Hernandez, Jair Jurrjens, Ricky Romero, Francisco Liriano
(1) Team - Pittsburgh Pirates
(1) Manager - Ron Gardenhire
I don't know if this is going to take me to the end but it was a struggle for me just to come up with guys I have actually heard of. I am so pathetic when it comes to baseball over the last 10 years. I am slowly curing that.
Good luck to anyone else that enters.