Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

My Official Cardboard Junkie Heritage Blaster Fantasy Team

Yeah, so I decided to get in on this little exercise over on Cardboard Junkie.  When dayf isn't spending the day losing his mind and traveling down the phalata...phylatal...stamp collector's highway, he sometimes has some great ideas.  This was one of them

All you had to do is buy a blaster, rip it, and make a team.  Hopefully, with my novice video making skills, my contribution to the video break world is good enough to get me into this league.  It is a long video.  Almost 10 minutes but I show every card I got.  I probably could have blew through it faster but what do you want from me?  I'm new.




So after uploading the video, I sorted the cards and chose my team.  Here is what I came up with

(2) Catchers - Yadier Molina, A.J. Pierzynski
(1) First Base - Albert Pujols
(1) Second Base - Brandon Phillips
(1) Shortstop - Cristian Guzman
(1) Third Base - Alex Rodriguez
(3) Outfield - Justin Upton, Grady Sizemore, Chris Coghlan
(1) Corner Infielder - Adam Dunn
(1) Middle Infielder - Alberto Callaspo
(1) Outfielder - Matt LaPorta
(1) Utility or DH - Jack Cust
(7) Pitchers - Cliff Lee, Mariano Rivera, Justin Verlander, Felix Hernandez, Jair Jurrjens, Ricky Romero, Francisco Liriano
(1) Team - Pittsburgh Pirates
(1) Manager - Ron Gardenhire

I don't know if this is going to take me to the end but it was a struggle for me just to come up with guys I have actually heard of.  I am so pathetic when it comes to baseball over the last 10 years.  I am slowly curing that.

Good luck to anyone else that enters.

2 comments:

  1. You did great on the break. That glare is tough sometimes. My first ever attempt at a video break was for this contest. You pulled a great batch of players and should be in contention to win. I think you got three SPs, which is better than I did, and one Heritage Chrome. Those aren't too easy to pull this year so overall that was a good box. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the words of encouragement. I may actually do more breaks on cam now that I know what to sort of do.

    After I ranked all the positions and picked who I wanted, I started looking up some of the "lesser known" players (at least to me, which isn't saying much). You are right, though. This wasn't that bad of a box.

    Good luck to you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.