Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2010 Goals: 30 Day Progress Report

It was brought to my attention recently that my sudden surge of breaking the newest baseball products is not conducive to my goals for 2010. (Thanks for that Captain) Nor is the purchase of the 5 rack packs of football cards, the three blaster boxes sitting under my bed, and the 5 more packs of O-Pee-Chee I just picked up. In looking at what I have accumulated thus far for 2010, it would appear that he was correct. It all violates commandment #1 of not opening so much retail wax. Now I can sit here and make excuses for my recent behavior but...wait a minute. That is exactly what I am going to do.

First...being outnumbered in the blogosphere 10-1 by baseball collectors makes it very difficult to not want to get in on the same action that they are lauding over.

2...The discovery that most of my card collection from the past is still intact has conjured up memories of collecting as a kid and drawn me closer to what I originally began collecting for.

c...It's like Pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop.

In the positive side of things, I have added 2 cards to my PC and 12 cards to my player collections. I also have a few trades under my belt and a few more in the hopper. So I am on the right track. I just need to stay out of every Target, Kmart, Walmart, and Meijer in the Tri-State area. At least for a few months. I can do it!!

1 comment:

  1. me giving someone a reality check.... there's a first for everything I guess...

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.