Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

I Can't Believe It's Not Cardboard - Highlighting Other Personal Collectibles (Table Hockey Figure)

One of the coolest gifts that people get every year for Christmas or a birthday is a table hockey game. Don't believe me? Check out the Puck Junk Podcast from this past Christmas where there was a lot of discussion of the various table hockey games over the years. One of the cool pieces I have in my collection is from the 1969-70 Coleco/Eagle game set.


While I was never lucky enough to have one of the cooler old sets or even the awesome Gretzky hockey set from the early 90s, I did have a few rod hockey sets over the years. However, nothing I ever had used the outstanding tin figures like the sets from the late 60s. I believe the set this goes to was the one that featured the overhead metal gondola with red light indicators on the nets and probably the most realistic depictions of the uniforms. 


After the 1960s, manufacturers started making the figures out of plastic as a cost cutting measure but citing safety reasons.  The tin figures are much more sought after and this one, the only one I own, resides on a display shelf in my hobby room/office. 



_________________________ 
 Like what you read? Have a comment? Be sure to leave one below. 

 Check out TheRealDFG on Twitter @therealdfg. 

 Be sure to check out the latest #PuckJunkPodcast. Just search and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Podchaser, PocketCasts, Castbox, Castro, Overcast, TuneIn or SoundCloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.