Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Steeler 6-Pack

This is the seventh, or eight (I forget) installment of a the Sunday Steeler 6-Pack.  We got another win last week against the evil Ravens.  That put us in a great position if we actually can keep it up.  I'm hopeful but won't be surprised if we can't.  Either way, it is always nice to get a win against our division teams.

This week....the Raiders.  We haven't won in Oakland since 1995.  Let's hope we can change that.

Each Sunday of the NFL season, I will feature 6 random cards from my Pittsburgh Steelers' PC.  There is no rhyme or reason for any of them, just 6 random cards I pull out of one of my many boxes or binders of black and gold (and there are MANY) and maybe a comment or two.

Here we go...

 1948 Bowman Chuck Cherundolo #50

By far my oldest Steeler card, this 1948 Bowman is a beaut.  The best part is cost me less than a couple bucks.  I'll buy that all day.  Check out that leather helmet.  I wonder if Polamalu would still hit guys as hard if he had to play with a leather helmet?  I'm guess...yeah, probably.


 1996 Playoff Contenders Genuine Leather Jerome Bettis #36

This card is made of leather.  At least it sure feels like it is.  I guess that is the point.  The card is real thick and even has the leather smell.  I'm not real sure I understand the little quiver lines around the bus but still it's a nice card.  We could sure use the bus these days.



 2010 Epix Jason Worilds Rookie Auto #'d/499




 2010 Certified Immortals Jack Lambert #182  #'d/999

Oh so shiny.  So unbelievably shiny.


 2013 Bowman White Jarvis Jones #120

This is the white parallel.  At least I think.  I don't remember what the normal cards look like.  I know there are black parallels, blue, green, red, orange, purple, mauve, chartreuse, pink, fruit-stripe, emerald green, light blue, steel, grass green, off white, ecru, eggshell, off-black, and clear.

 2013 Topps 1959 Mini Ben Roethlisberger #99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.