Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Random Steeler Monday

For my first random Steeler card post I thought I would take a moment and bid farewell to a player that I have just become accustomed to tolerating.  You see, I am a defensive guy.  When it comes to a high powered, high octane offense, I have much respect for its ability to change a game and make it more exciting.  However, for me, I'd rather see those players get the snot knocked out of them from a punishing hit from a linebacker or free safety anyday. 

That being said, I have a chip on my shoulder for most guys on the offensive side of the ball for Pittsburgh because they generally don't stick around very long after they become "larger than life".  The last example was Plaxico Burress, although in hindsight, that was a great move on our part.  The latest victim of his own demise was Santonio Holmes.  If there is one thing I have learned through the years of being a Steelers fan is that you don't upset the apple cart.  That "cart" in this case is the Rooney family.  With his legal troubles just beginning to come to the surface and his highly publicized romance with M.J. (not from Spider-man), it was time for him to go.

The next on the chopping block is Big Ben.  Despite the lack of conviction or charges being brought against him, there is no doubt that his actions show a pattern of poor judgement.  I just hope for his sake (and ours) that he fixes himself right quick.  Or at least, gets a better group of bodyguards.  But enough about him.  This post is to bid a final farewell to SanSmokio Holmes.

We will always remember your tap dance in the endzone that won number 6.  I will always remember all your TD catches against the Ravens, especially the one that got us there.  I could have gone my whole life without a shower scene memory other than from 'Psycho'.  The camera man mugging in the game against the Chargers was priceless.  The diving catch against the Titans into the endzone was one of the best.  My cardboard favorites...
A Shiny

A Thug-ery

An Artifact-y

Holmes has now been moved to the back of the book in my Steeler album and had the obligatory Kordell Stewart card added to each page. 

R.I.P. Santonio.  You are dead to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.