Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trade with the Wasteland

I received a surprisingly large package from my new friend down at Is This A Wasteland - No It's Tampa Bay Sports on Wednesday after a trade we had worked out. Some Lightning cards for a few cards I needed for my 2009-10 O-Pee-Chee set. Nothing fancy. Simple deal, right? Wrong!!

No I wasn't bipped, since that is what you are all thinking. Instead, there were not only the cards we discussed but a big ole' fat stack of 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee that I needed as well. There has to be like 100 cards in here. That is really going to make a dent in my list. A dent of epic proportions. I would have had to buy another hobby box to get this many and even that's not guaranteed.

But the pièce de résistance was the inclusion of a set of cards I have never seen before. Not just a set, but a set with it's own tin box. I had to do some research on this one because of my unfamiliarity with it. Here it is.



1996-97 Metal Impressions Mario Lemieux Set

The one in the picture isn't mine. Mine is better. It is still wrapped in the cellophane. I am so tempted to open it but I need to find out more about it first. All I know is it is a 4 card set of my all time favorite player (the greatest player to lace the skates, IMO) and they are all made of METAL!! Metal is cool. I've come up empty on my search though. I'm not deterred. I will figure this out.

Thank you much my friend. You can be sure you will be seeing Lightning coming your way.

(Welcome to two new followers...FieldOfCards and Brian. FieldOfCards is well known around the card blogosphere and you can check out his stuff if you haven't already done so. No, really. Go do it now. I'd like to link to Brian's blog but, well, I'm not quite sure where Brian comes to us from. For now, he is just
Brian. Welcome to you both. Hopefully I don't let you down.)

2 comments:

  1. That looks AWESOME!

    I have some OPC rookies from the past few years but your want lists don't include them. Are you all set? If not, send me a list of what you need from 07/08, 08/09, and 09/10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For 2009-10 what I need is there. For the other years, I stopped at the 500 mark and only put together the base set w/o rookies. I haven't gone through all the rookies I have from those years to see what I need. I imagine it will be a bunch. I may be able to check it out this weekend and let you know.

    Thanks for the offer.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.