Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Trade with the Great Sports Name HOF - Part Deux

As promised, here is my post with some more of the stuff I now possess after the trade with GSNHOF.  This part of the post has some of my favorite cards from the trade.


















-A plethora of miniatures.  In fact, these are all Panini stickers that I know I used to have in a book.  You have to love the shiny logo sticker in the center.
-The last two cards are Topps mini's from 1989.  I remember going to a card show at the Ramada Inn back then and a guy had this whole set selling for $200.  I used to think that was a lot of money.  I wonder what it goes for now?

 
-Here we have a couple Sid Bream Donruss cheese.  I used to have a couple of cards that I had Sid sign at a Pirate game back in 1989.  He used to always sign his stuff with a Bible verse.
-Another miniature Van Slyke.  Also, an 88 Donruss MVP Van Slyke.  Come to think of it, there were two other Van Slyke's on the previous page...dare I say, BIP?
-Next we have a Mike Dunne Sportflic.  The great part about the scanner is it superimposes all three images at the same time.  Almost looks like some of those early 90's Upper Deck gimmicks.
-In the center we have the greatest shortstop of all time, Jay Bell.  At least back then, I thought he was the greatest.  No?  Not even close you say?  Not even the best Pirate short stop of all time?  Huh.  Go figure.
-Estaban Loaiza???  No freakin' idea.
-We have a Paul Miller Pacific.  Not just any Pacific...Spanish version.  
-And last but not least, my favorite card of the mix.  A 1990 Swell Baseball Greats Honus Wagner.  Nothing more needs to be said.  Just look and admire.

There were also a bunch of Pittsburgh Steelers cards which I didn't get a chance to scan before they made it into their new home in my album.  In addition, there were quite a few linebacker cards for my new experimental adventure.

Thanks again sir!! You are a gentleman and a scholar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.