Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pack Break - - 2006-07 MVP Hockey Retail

(This was already posted over at A Pack To Be Named Later but I thought I would post it here too for posterity sake.)


2006-07 MVP Hockey Retail.
8 Cards/Pack

I really have nothing to say about these. They are a typical MVP type release with the focus of the card around the silver foil signature of the player. The rookie cards have the name stamped rather than in script. If anything, it is definitely a good way to gauge signatures of some of the more popular players. Especially with all the fraudulent stuff out there. I'm looking your way Ebay...

Nothing too shocking in this pack. Each one contains an insert card, either a rookie or insert set. I pulled an Eric Staal Clutch Performer. Here is a sampling of what is to be found...



#243 Steve Bernier


#177 Sergei Brylin
I like when players use their numbers in their signatures.  It makes it more personal.


#96 Jussi Jokinen
Jokinen is having a pretty good year so far.  I think over the weekend he extended his point streak to 9 games.  I don't understand why he isn't on Finland's Olympic roster.

#48 Chuck Kobasew
I just pulled a Kobasew auto out of my box of 09-10 ITG.  They look the same.


#73 Marek Svatos


#CP11 Eric Staal - Clutch Performers
This is one insert set that I can honestly looks much, much worse than the base cards.

#157 Alex Kovalev
The strange thing about this one is that I used to have a 8X10 autograph of Alex when he was with the Penguins.  His signature looked nothing like that.  I wish I still had it to prove my point.


#71 Jose Theodore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.