Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some PC pickups off the Bay

I recently (ie. before Christmas, I think) picked up some PC cards off the Bay for somewhere around the whopping $2-3 range w/shipping. In my quest for every Pittsburgh Penguin Card, I present to you, The 1978-79 Pittsburgh Penguins Topps Team Set...



I always loved the old Blue uniforms on the 60s and 70s. I remember my dad had an old practice jersey that was blue and I would always wear it in the winter when we would go out and play crick hockey (if you don't know what that is, we would dam the crick [or creek for you non-easterners] and when it would freeze, we would have our own rink). You have to love the stache on old Oren there, too.



I think the best part about this is the fact that the team checklist is an upgrade. I have most of the team checklists from the 70s sets but I think this is the first one that I now have without being marked up. Checklists in that era were used for that very thing...checklists. I guess they didn't have the internet yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.