Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

Another box of O-Pee-Chee and more dissap...No Way!

I stopped at Target on my lunch hour again. There was 1 tin left of 08-09 O-Pee-Chee Hockey (you know, the one with Gordie Howe, I mean, Mr. Hockey, as he is now known by all card manufacturers). I had to have it so...

It started as pretty much all of them had. I pulled 10 Rookies, most of which I had already (Jonathan Ericcson and Darren Helm being the highlights). I also pulled 5 Rainbow parallels, Forsberg the only non-common. Two Season's Highlights, an All Rookie Team scrub, another one of those stupid Trophy cards, and the Predators Team Checklist. I like these and I don't know why. Maybe because they are shiny.

With three packs left and all hope almost gone, it happened. I opened a pack and inside there was more cellophane. I was confused. It turned out to be a 2007-08 OPC Thomas Plihal Marquee Rookie...with an autograph. SWEET!! But what the heck is it doing in a pack of 2008-09? Apparently Upper Deck "bought back" a bunch of cards and had them autographed.
Mine isn't priced currently at the posting of this. Cool nonetheless. But wait, there's more. Two more cards and there was this index card in the pack as well...


Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.