Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Blog Isn't Dead. It's Just Sleepy

That's right, kids.  The blog isn't dead.  It's just a very sleepy, sleepy place.  Why?  Well I have found quite a few other means of communicating with many people out there in the card universe.

First, there is Twitter.  I am fairly active on Twitter, reading all the 140 character goodness that is published daily, hourly, even minutely (put it in Websters) by all my collector friends, dealers, writers, and sports personalities that I follow.  You can usually find me on there at some point for a few moments each day commenting, favoriting, and reTweeting.

Then, there is the new venture, the Puck Junk Podcast.  Sal Barry and I have been putting on a podcast on a weekly basis covering everything NHL and hockey card related.  Why?  Well, above all else, it's fun.  Sal and I have had many conversations over the years about things that turn into memorable moments so we finally started to document some of those conversations.  What better way that with audio?  Secondly, there isn't much out there that is hockey centered and focuses on the musings of two hockey fans with no real broadcasting experience and lots of opinions.  Lots.  I mean lots.  Podcast #4 is available now  on Soundcloud if you haven't already given it a listen.  It's still a work in progress but if you have 30 minutes, I could think of worse ways to spend it.

But, I guess the moral of this story is, the blog will be back to partially semi-regular, if not actually semi-regular posts soon.  I just need to stop procrastinating my posts for so long.  I just went through my post log and I found 26 "DRAFT" versions of posts that never got published.  All of them with content.  I don't know if it's a general unhappiness with what I write or just laziness.  I'll probably go with laziness.

And that's all I have to say about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.