Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

AK II: The Second Coming

I'm not going to sugar coat this one with a bunch of fluff.  Let's just get right down to the nuts and bolts of it.  The Pens lost....again.  This time to the Hurricanes, 4-1.  It's beginning to turn bleak.

Kovalev played 19 shifts, logging 19 minutes of ice time.  To show for it, he had 4 penalty minutes.  Way to earn your keep their Kovy.  I'm half kidding though.  I didn't expect him to come in and go wild in his first game back in the Penguin uniform.  But it will happen in time.  (I just hope that time is soon)

As for the rest of the newbies, James Neal had 2 shots on goal and 2 hits, logging about 17 minutes of ice time.  Matt Niskanen also had 2 shots on goal, blocked a shot, and had 3 hits, including the one that put Eric Staal in a body bag.  I'm sure it will be reviewed by the league and it wouldn't surprise me if they suspend Nisky (I don't know if that's what they call him yet but it sounds good) or something just to add another player to the physically/mentally/legally ineligible to play list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.