Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Strasburg/Fukudome Watch - - Results Show

Here is a little update for anyone that cares about my little adventure in selling my cards.  My first foray into selling cards on Ebay ended about an hour ago (11 something) and just as I was a little concerned this morning, I am actually okay with the results. 

In case anyone was curious or is still keeping score for the Strasburg Effect, the Bowman Chrome finished at $33.  Now there have been quite a few that have finished ahead of this one with the highest that I could find in the $70 range, but that was back when Bowman first hit the street.  It has cooled off a bit since and I was a little worried toward the end.  It appeared a mystery bidder swooped in and outbid the previous high bidder within seconds of closing.  My concern was because the bidder had a 0 rating and from what I could read, they just signed up today.  It seemed real fishy to me especially considering all the craziness that has been going on there lately.  However, within 2 minutes of the end of the auction, the cash was in my account.  I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover...?...maybe...

The Fukudome was a little disappointing.  With BV in the $60-80 range but without much movement on the secondary market to judge, I was going out on a limb with this one.  The only auction I could find before listing this was a BIN for $120!!  Needless to say, it is still posted.  Mine, however, did sell...for a whopping $5.01.  I was hoping for something at least in the $10 range but that's the risk you take with an auction.  Considering where it was this morning and the fact it came from a $1.99 pack, I guess this is alright.

Overall, I am happy with this experience thus far on the other side of the Ebay fence.  I have only sold 1 other item ever before on the Bay and it wasn't card related.  I am already preparing for my next offerings.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I seriously misjudged the interest in the Fukudome short print. Sorry to get your hopes up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's alright. It's all about supply and demand. There is a short supply but it is obviously so short that no one is interested. Plus its only Fukudome. Even Cubs fans don't like him very much right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the fukudome, but couldn't justify spending much more than my last bid (4.76) on it right now with ginter coming out real soon...i wish i knew you had it, i still have the yellow champs crosby

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the proud new owner of the Fukudome card I have to say I figured it would have went for more too, but it just goes to show you how long the Topps gimmicks hold interest. I honestly almost feel bad for getting it so cheap but I am also pretty happy to add that one to the collection. We'll have to set up a lop sided trade some day to make it even!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you are the one....

    It's all good. It will be in the mail on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.