Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cards From The Night Owl (Part 2)

Continuing with the cards I received from Night Owl over the weekend, I bring you the second of three sports featured in the package...football.  I know what you are thinking by now.  First hockey cards, and now football.  Is this the same Night Owl?  There must be two different people using the same name, right?  What's next?  Non-Sport cards?  Well, I assure you, my friends, it is the real nocturnal avian.

1993 Classic 4-Sport Jerome Bettis

First was a 1993 Classic 4-Sport Jerome Bettis card, featuring Jerome during his Notre Dame days running over Northwestern's Willie Lindsey.  I suppose this was a preview of things to come since he would spend the next 12 years running over guys in the NFL.  I already had this one.  In fact I think I have a few of these but I always welcome Bettis cards regardless of whether I have them or not.  Which brings me to the next card...

 
1993 Classic Jerome Bettis #10
Another 1993 Classic Bettis only this one comes from the main Draft set.  Another one that I thought I had but it turns out, it was no where to be found in my Steeler album.  I guess I can't say that anymore.  Upon closer review, it looks like Classic took another shot of the same game against Northwestern as in the 4-Sport card.  The only difference is, this time, Jerome is busting through some tackles.

  
1990 Pro Set Super Bowl Set Terry Bradshaw
Ok, I know everyone has 1990 Pro Set cards.  I know everyone has tons of 1990 Pro Set cards.  It doesn't matter if they are football or hockey, everyone, everywhere, has 1990 Pro Set cards.  Again, I thought I had this one too.  Guess what?  I didn't.  I have two other Bradshaw cards from this set but this one is different.  This set came out to celebrate Super Bowl XXV by showcasing teams and players of the past Super Bowls.  As you can see by the top, Pro Set is the Official NFL card.  


 
1996 Pittsburgh Steelers Team Schedule
This has to be the best piece in the whole lot.  A 1996 Steelers team schedule pocket fold-out that is in perfect condition.  I sort of collect team pocket schedules and anytime I can get my hands on Pittsburgh ones, I jump at the chance.  I actually have all but three from the 90's.  I might showcase them on here someday.  I know there a lot of people out there that collect schedules and there is a big market for these out there.  I actually started keeping them for their advertising and since I am somewhat of a pack rat, they have accumulated ever since.

Just think, I haven't even got to the baseball stuff yet.

1 comment:

  1. Someday, when I lose all control and turn my house into an ocean of collectibles, I'll collect pocket schedules. I like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.