Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Trade with Blog Reader Michel (Part 2)

This is the second installment of the trade haul I received from blog reader Michel.  I'm starting to wonder if this trade was evenly distributed?...

This is the Pittsburgh Penguins portion of the trade.  There aren't many Pens cards but the ones that are here are awesome.

 

-Here we have Brooks Orpik and Marc-Andre Fleury from this years MVP release.  Love these cards and their silver script signature replicas.  There is also another Flower Total D card.  I was going to try to collect this entire set but I was deterred by it's size.
-There is a Malkin from this years Artifacts set.  I think this one is a double but now one can go in his player album.  The other Geno is an Ultra Scoring King card.  I have the Crosby already.
-Two different Sidney Crosby cards.  One is a Captains Calling insert from last years Upper Deck set I think.  The other is a Gold Medallion Ultra parallel.  My first Gold Medallion Crosby card too.
-My favorite enforcer sits right there in the middle, Georges Laraque.  I always wished the Pens would have spent the extra money and kept him on for protection.  Plus his auto is cool.  It always looks to me like it's upside down.

-The once phenomenally awesome Patrick Lalime.  He had a pretty solid year for the Pens in 96-97 going 21-12-2 but his tenure was short lived when he was traded to the Ducks for Sean Pronger (another Pens bust).  I think he sits on the depth chart of the Sabres now.
-A Ron Francis card that I thought I had until I realized this was the Starting Lineup version.  Upon further review, I do have this card, only it is still in the package with his Starting Lineup.
-Why Stefan Bergkvist even has a regular issue card is beyond me.  He was a first round draft pick bust in 1993 and only ended up playing 7 games over two years for the Pens.  As a comparison, that's only 7 games more than I have.  I think he later went to play in the Swedish Elite League.
-Jaromir Jagr.  What more can be said?
-Rob Brown 1990 Upper Deck.  I always remember how much better Rob looked by playing with Mario.  He was part of the Pens "Double Trouble" team (wearing 44) back in the early 90's along with Mario (66), Paul Coffey (77), Zarley Zalapski (33), and later Paul Stanton (22) and Larry Murphy (55).  Good times.
-Bob Errey and Randy Hillier from the 1990 Score "Candy Striper" set.  For anyone not a fan of the Pens, Errey is now a broadcaster for the Pens games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it. Leave a comment and start a discussion.